Dogs love nibbling and will get their jaws around anything! But some foods can be potentially toxic to your furry buddy. Believe it or not, but thousands of dogs needlessly suffer or die each year from ingesting common household foods and substances. If you suspect that your pet has eaten any of the below substances, seek emergency help right away.
Unlike Pedigree dog food, homemade dog food will not contain all essential vitamins and minerals for your dog’s complete and balanced growth!
No amount of alcoholic beverage is safe and could even be fatal to dogs.
The darker the chocolate, the more harmful - a dog could die from chocolate toxicity within 24 hours.
Coffee, tea and colas contain caffeine and methyl xanthine and are best avoided.
These cause temporary muscle weakness, often in the hind legs. The mechanism of the toxicity is unknown.
These contain a chemical that damages red blood cells in dogs and can cause anemia.
Raisins and grapes can cause vomiting, diarrhoea, and kidney failure.
The sugar substitute Xylitol can cause a rapid drop in your dog’s blood sugar.
If swallowed by an unsuspecting canine, it can expand and produce gas in the digestive system and could even cause internal ruptures.
Keep all medicine in closed cabinets that are out of your pet's reach. Never give your dog any medication unless you are directed to do so by a vet.
Many common yards and houseplants can be poisonous, including Lily, Daffodil, Oleander, Rhododendron and Foxglove among others.
Feed complete pet nutrition with Pedigree dog food! See the 5 signs of good health in just 6 weeks.
Review this article: